What We Support
The Huron Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) provides a wide array of support for the Huron community, including the following activities and programs:
- Academic grants to cover the costs of classroom materials that enhance learning but are not covered by the district.
- Parent, faculty and student communications via E-notes, website and other means.
- Support informational meetings and conferences.
- Remain up to date with school issues and help plan student activities.
- Fund school improvements, including landscaping, clean-up activities and capital purchases.
- Appreciation events for the Huron staff.
- Daily operation of the Huron Spirit Shop during lunch. Selling spirit items for the Athletic Booster Club as well as healthy snacks and beverages. Profits from the store support PTSO teacher grants and the Athletic Booster Club.
- Recruit and organize volunteers to facilitate the smooth running of registration, handle parent-teacher conference sign ups, chaperone dances and help with many other activities, such as Respect the Rat/Challenge Day.